Contemporary Ragtime Compositions by
Matthew Liver (Mateusz Watroba) is a Polish ragtime composer and performer.
Born in Czestochowa, Poland in 1971, he has been a ragtime fan since 1983
when he first heard James Scott's "Grace and Beauty".
Matthew has sent the following compositions for posting on this website.
The MIDI files are all live performances, played by the composer.
You can send e-mail to Matthew
at the following e-mail address :
matpat71 "at(@)" yahoo.com
human reconstruction of email address required to avoid spam
Sheet Music is available for these compositions!
These midi files were sequenced by Matthew Liver (Mateusz Watroba), and are made
available here with the permission of the composer.
Comments about the pieces are also those of Matthew Liver.
- Youthful Feelings copyright 1992
- [composition 6] I wrote it impressed by a beautiful spring day.
- Far From Home copyright 1992
- [composition 11] Actually, the distance from home was 230 kilometers (145 miles).
- Cyrkowe Dziewczyny (Girls from the circus) copyright 1992
- [composition 12] - it has got a Polish title "Cyrkowe dziewczyny" which means -
"Girls from the circus". It was composed on the 19th of November 1992.
- Moody Night copyright 1992
- [composition 13]
- Perfection copyright 1992
- [composition 14] The title expresses my attitude towards this composition at that time.
- Good Old Times copyright 1993
- [composition 15] By "Good Old Times" I mean the early ragtime era, because this composition
is similar in style.
- Wistful Thoughts copyright 1993
- [composition 17] The girl I loved was about to marry another man and she invited me to
the wedding. However, the closing strain is rather optimistic.
- In October copyright 1993
- [composition 22] - "In October" was composed really in October 1993
- Flame of Love copyright 1994
- [composition 24]
- Grace of Winter copyright 1994 * NEW * added 10/15/99
- [Composition 25] - "Grace of winter" was composed in January 1994
- Missing Happiness copyright 1994
- [composition 28]
- Sweet Expectation copyright 1995
- [composition 31]
- Satisfaction in Love copyright 1995
- [Composition 32] - "Satisfaction in love" seems to be in consequence with
"Sweet expectation" and was composed on the 17th of February 1995.
- Summer Afternoon copyright 1995
- [Composition 34] - titled "Summer afternoon" was composed on the 1st of June 1995.
- Grief and Sorrow copyright 1995
- [Composition 35] - "Grief and sorrow" is my only composition with closing strain
in minor key. It was composed on the 1st of September 1995.
- In Joyful Mood copyright 1996
- [Composition 36] - "In joyful mood" was composed on the 16th of March 1996
- Summer Day copyright 1996
- [Composition 37] - "Summer day" was composed in summer 1996
- Sorrow and Joy copyright 1997
- [Composition 38] - "Sorrow and joy" - express my reflections on looking for love
of one's life and finding it. It is a syncopated waltz which begins in
minor key and ends optimistically.Composed in March 1997
- Sunset in May copyright 1997
- [Composition 39] - "Sunset in May" was composed in spring 1997.
- Queen of the Evening copyright 1997
- [Composition 40] - "Queen of the evening" was composed in summer 1997
- For Dorothy copyright 1998 * NEW * added 10/15/99
- [Composition 41] - "For Dorothy" was composed in January 1998. The girl for whom I wrote it
(Dorothy) is my wife now and we are very happy together.
Classic Rags Played Live by Matthew Liver
This midi file of "Ethiopia" by Joseph F. Lamb, was sequenced by Matthew Liver.
Ethiopia Rag (1909)